If you can smell gas or think you have a gas leak
- Open all doors and windows to let the gas escape
- Check your gas appliances are switched off and if you know where it is, turn off the gas isolation switch
- Call the 24 hour National Gas Emergency hotline on 0800 111 999
- Wait outside for the emergency engineer and let your neighbors know
- Do not turn light switches on or off, use doorbells, mobile phones or any other electrical switches
- Do not smoke, light a match or use any other kind of naked flame
- Do not go back in the property until you get the all clear
- If you are feeling ill visit your GP or the hospital immediately and tell them that your symptoms may be related to carbon monoxide poisoning
- Contact a Gas Safe registered engineer to check and fix appliances if necessary
If you are worried fumes containing carbon monoxide are escaping from a gas appliance, call the 24 hour National Gas Emergency hotline on 0800 111 999
Stay gas safe in your home. For more information please visit the Gas Safe Register.
No matter who your supplier is you can call the National Gas Emergency hotline.
I have a Power Cut
If you experience a power cut you will need to call your electricity distribution company.
You can call the 24 hour electricity hotline on 105 and you’ll be automatically redirected to the local distribution company free of charge.